Monday, November 5, 2012

VIDEO and RECIPE: Sheree Delorenzo's Classic Bolognase Sauce - Enjoy!






Sheree DeLorenzo's Bolognese Sauce in a wonderful 
Le Creuset Cast Iron Enameled Pot on her Gas Stove


I love to make this sauce on a Sunday Morning and have my home smell delicious all day. It is a love meal. 
This sauce takes a lot of time ~ It should simmer for four to five hours ~ But it does not require much skill or effort. Once all the vegetables are chopped, add all ingredients and stir. Let go for 5 hours. This gives me plenty of time to shower, relax and enjoy my day before my dinner guests arrive.

1 medium onion 
3 small carrots
3 stalks of celery
1 lb of ground beef
1 lb of ground pork
1 lb of ground veal
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
Pinch allspice
1 cup whole milk
1 cup of dry white wine
2 15 oz cans of whole tomatoes with juice

Parmigiano~Reggiano Cheese for grating

  1. Finely chop onion, carrot, and celery. In a heavy saucepan or dutch oven cook all ground meats. Add chopped vegetables raise heat to medium and cook. 
  2. Add seasonings, salt, pepper and allspice
  3. Add milk and simmer about 30 minutes
  4. Add tomatoes and squish with hands 
  5. Add wine and simmer for 5 hours and then taste and season again.

Boil pasta and toss with sauce top with lots of Parmigiano cheese, serve with a green salad and crusty bread.

  • I jar this sauce and give to my friends
  • My favorite part is squishing the tomatoes with my hands great stress release.  
After is cooks for Several Hours!


The Sauce Thickens and Cooks Down, makes the House

smell so GOOD!

Thank-you for spending time with me today while I do my

favorite this, which is cooking and sharing it with you. The

 generosity of sharing food with friends is one of lifes great

pleasures! Bon Appetit!

Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment