Friday, November 16, 2012

Red Lentil Soup


Red Lentil Soup



When I vacationed at a ski resort and was doing so much exercise and eating healthy the lentil soup inspired me to recreate a recipe with red lentils. I feel nourished and satisfied with this simple recipe 

1 cup of red lentils 
4 cups of vegetable stock vegan or 4 cups of water
1 can of diced tomatoes or 1 cup of homemade salsa
1 onion diced
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
11/2 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp salt 

garnish ~ fresh mint or cilantro

sauté onion with olive oil, add tomatoes, stock, red lentils and spices. Simmer for one hour and enjoy.








This soup is so healthy and delicious! Great for a cool fall day!

I hope you enjoyed my recipe as much as 
I enjoyed sharing it with you! 

Happy Cooking! Sheree


No comments:

Post a Comment